Sit down and fasten your seatbelt; It's gonna be one helluva ride...

If you've got a hunger for horsepower, a thirst for torque, or just an addiction to anything automotive, you've come to the right place. Let me just say cars are my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've loved everything about em. Hopefully, since you're here, you do too. Welcome to my blog; where we live life a quarter-mile at a time. R.I.P Johnbird, and Jake; two guys who loved to live life in the fast lane.

Monday, April 4, 2011

1967 Chevelle Super Sport

     So my dad's latest restoration project is a real classic muscle car; a 1967 Chevelle Super Sport. The Chevelle was Chevy's bruiser back in the late 60's and early 70's, tough styling, huge amounts of horsepower, and surprisingly good handling for a car that weighs almost 4000 lbs. The Super Sports were the cream of the crop, with the smallest engine rated at around 325 horsepower, while the big-daddy motor, in 1967, was the 375 horsepower 396 cubic inch big block. The engine in my dad's car is a 396, but it's modified to push out around 425 horsepower...at the rear wheels.
     The car is going to be Marina Blue, a light, bright, amazing color that really shows off the body lines and long curves the Chevelle has to offer. It's also a 4-speed manual, so driving it is all that more fun. The car was started for the first time last night since having the new engine dropped in, and boy, it's a beast. Loud, proud, and 100% American Muscle. Beat that Toyota.

1 comment:

  1. I'd really like to see you experiment with links, lists, bullet points and such, Jimmy. You need to start applying what we are learning about Web writing to, well, your Web writing. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete