Sit down and fasten your seatbelt; It's gonna be one helluva ride...

If you've got a hunger for horsepower, a thirst for torque, or just an addiction to anything automotive, you've come to the right place. Let me just say cars are my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've loved everything about em. Hopefully, since you're here, you do too. Welcome to my blog; where we live life a quarter-mile at a time. R.I.P Johnbird, and Jake; two guys who loved to live life in the fast lane.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pontiac Nostalgia

Sitting in English class today, I found myself describing my Pontiac collection to one of my classmates. It brought back a lot of memories, good and bad, about the cars I've owned and sold over the years. My first car was a 1966 Pontiac Tempest my Dad bought for me. It was bright, "Arrest Me" Red, with a white convertible top and red leatherette interior. We dropped a 400 c.i. Pontiac big block in it, and I absolutely adored that car. Pulling into the school parking lot on nice days was great, because the top was down and I could see the looks of envy on every one of my classmates faces. Nobody else in the parking lot had anything close to what I had; and wouldn't you know it, the year I started driving that car was the year the yearbook dropped the category for "Best Car." Well, fate being the cruel bitch she is, I ended up selling that car the year after I graduated from high school. I will have that car again one day. Until then, I think about it all the time, especially on days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment